AARP volunteers will provide free tax counseling to seniors, Feb. 7 - April 11. Appointments are available on Fridays from noon - 4 p.m. Call the library at 330-688-3295 ext. 3 or stop by the Circulation Desk to sign up after December 25.
Once you've made an appointment, you'll need to bring the following things with you.
1. A copy of your tax returns from last year
2. Your Social Security card
3. A photo ID
4. Any forms showing income you've earned, pensions, or Social Security payments made to you
5. 1099 forms for any interest or dividends that your investments have earned
6. Receipts or cancelled checks for income or property taxes you have paid
7. Receipts or cancelled checks for any charitable contributions you have made
8. If you are claiming children as exemptions, you must bring their Social Security card(s)
9.. Record of medical expenses
This tax program is sponsored by AARP and the IRS.