Munroe Falls Historical Society Newsletter
Volume/Issue: 12 / 5
Title: The First Funeral Home in Stow
Author: Gregory, Rev. Leo
Subject: Stow, funeral homes
Annotation: Return to Munroe Falls Historical Society Newsletter list
This article was abstracted from an eight-page booklet entitled "Stow's First Funeral Home" published in 1953 by Rev. Leo Gregory to commemorate the opening of the funeral home at 117 West Kent Road. This booklet was printed to coincide with a public Open House at the funeral home on January 4, 1953. The Dunn-Quigley Funeral Home occupies this site today.
The building is historically significant because it was constructed circa 1834 by Titus Wetmore, who settled in Stow Township with his brother William