The first half of this article is reprinted from the July 24, 1975 issue of the Record Courier. The article announced the designation of the Thornton-Guise Stone House at 147 South Main Street on the National Register of Historic Places.
The second half is a description of the Thornton-Guise Kitchen and House, copied from the National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form, including a Statement of Significance.
Included with this article are three photographs. One depicts a 1890's winter scene of the Cornelius Guise Home. The other two are full color pictures of the House and Stone Kitchen, taken in 2008.