Munroe Falls Historical Society Newsletter

Article #:13
Volume/Issue: 2 / 8
Date: 1998-09-01
Title: The romantic past of a glorious pond
Author: Raynor, Jessie
Subject: Silver lake park
This is an article appearing in the Oct. 14, 1979 issue of 'The Beacon", Sunday magazine section of the Akron Beacon Journal. Ralph Hugh Lodge purchased Silver Lake, then called Wetmore's Pond, in 1873. He moved his family to the area and created Silver Lake Park, the "Coney Island of the West" at the turn of the Century. Article covers history of Silver Lake Park and information on Ralph Lodge.

Return to Munroe Falls Historical Society Newsletter list