Few people know that a meeting house once stood at the west end of Stow Cemetery. This building served as a place of worship for several local religious groups between 1831 and 1876. The building was used by the Disciples of Christ congregation longer than any other group. This congregation is still active in Stow; in fact, 2006 marks the 175th anniversary of First Christian Church at Stow.
Several sources were utilized to write this article, including: Stow Christian Church records, writings by Stow sexton Frank A. Green, Disciple histories, and Christian Standard, along with other publicaitons on file in the archives at Hiram College.
A 2006 photo of the Stow Cemetery sign is included.