The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation supports and expands the mission of the Library.
Your support helps pay for significant projects that fall outside the Library’s operating budget, providing enhancements for Stow and Munroe Falls citizens without using tax money.
Foundation accomplishments include:
- • Mural in stairway to the Children's Floor
- • Anti-Microbial flooring in the Children's story time room
- • New Outreach Vehicle (in conjunction with the library)
- • Endowment with Akron Community Foundation
- • Installed an electronic message board, in partnership with the Friends of the Library
- • Acquired piano with funds from the Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation
- • Created a multimedia conference room
- • Acquired 10 Apple iPads, in partnership with the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
If you value the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, we need your support!
Help us fund new enhancements and build an endowment for long-term support of the Library. Please give what you can; every gift makes a difference.
Ways to Give
Cash - The most popular and easiest way to make a gift to the Stow-Munroe Falls Library Foundation is by credit card or check. To donate online go to the Akron Community Foundation Website. Checks should be made payable to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation and mailed to:
- Akron Community Foundation
- 345 West Cedar Street
- Akron, Ohio 44307-2407
Cash donations may be claimed as charitable deductions on income tax returns.
Planned Giving - Create your own legacy of giving by including the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library in your will, trust, or general estate plans. Lifetime gifts may also serve to reduce the size of estates and allow money to be used immediately. You can learn more here. Please secure professional advice prior to making any commitments to insure the best possible results.
- Bequests - The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation may be named as a beneficiary in a will or trust. Bequests may take the form of cash, securities, real estate, or other assets. These planned-giving gifts may reduct the size of the estate for tax purposes.
- Insurance - The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation may be named a beneficiary or owner of life insurance policies as a current or deferred gift.
- Securities - Charitable gifts of stocks, bonds, shares in mutual funds and other investment securities may be made to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation. An outright gift of securities may avoid capital gains tax liabilities and provide a charitable deduction for the present fair market value. You can transfer gifts of stock here.
- Retirement Assets - You may be taxed on your IRA, other retirement plans, and some other assets more than once when you leave them to your heirs. Income in respect of a decedent (IRD) is income you were entitled to but did not receive during your lifetime. IRD is subject to income, estate, and sometimes generation-skipping taxes too. The most common source of IRD-and the one most likely to comprise a large part of your estate-is an IRA or other retirement plan. You can avoid the taxes on IRD- and make a significant charitable gift to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation at greatly reduced out-of-pocket costs.
For more information about making a gift to the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library Foundation, please contact Executive Director Douglas H. Dotterer at (330) 688-3295 x 114.
We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, and your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.
Thank you for your consideration!