MANUAL OF LIBRARY POLICIES
SUBJECT: Patron Behavior
Resolution No. 150921-6
The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library staff welcomes all patrons.
However you may be asked to leave the library, if you engage in behaviors that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Animals are prohibited inside the library, except those used to aid persons with disabilities or that are part of a library-sponsored program.
- Any other illegal activity
- Any electronic devices used at a disruptive noise level
- Disorderly conduct
- Disrespect of staff and patrons. Behaviors include but are not limited to: Abusive, profane, vulgar, threatening or excessively loud language or gestures
- Beverages with a lid are permitted
- Entering nonpublic workspaces or office areas
- Loitering, excessive aimless/restless roaming
- Misuse of, tampering with, damage to or destruction or vandalism of library property, including tampering with, altering, editing, or damaging computer hardware and/or software.
- Failing to leave the library promptly at closing
- Persons should use the restroom for the gender by which they identify, with the exception of a caregiver assisting with a small child, a person with disability, or elderly adult. An all gender restroom is available on the second floor of the library. No bathing, shaving or tooth brushing is allowable inside the restrooms.
- Rough housing, rowdiness, running in the library, fighting or wrestling
- Sexual Conduct or Misconduct
- Throwing items
- Unsuitable dress. Clothing and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Use or display of items not intended for public display
- Use of tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs, electronic cigarettes (or e-cigarettes,) electronic vaping devices, personal vaporizers (PV) or electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) which simulate tobacco smoking.
- Using roller blades, roller skates, shoes with rollers on bottom, skate boards, or other sports equipment inside the library. Using sports equipment in a manner which causes or could cause damage or harm, to library property or patrons is prohibited.
Patrons are responsible for their personal belongings.
Children under the age of twelve (12) may not be left in the library without direct supervision. If it comes to the attention of the library staff that a child under twelve has been left unattended, an attempt will be made to contact the parent/caregiver to pick up the child. If the parent/caregiver cannot be reached, the police will be called.
Violations of this policy may result in being denied access on a temporary or permanent basis to the library. Use of the library and reinstatement of privileges are by Director’s permission only.
Police may be contacted for violation(s) of the Patron Behavior Policy.