A free tax service available to older residents and residents with low to middle incomes.
Free assistance for completing income tax forms
Fridays, Feb. 4 - Apr. 15, 2011*
noon - 4:00 P.M.
Meeting Room on 2nd Floor**
*except in Story Hour Room during the Needlework Show & Book Sale
Each taxpayer must bring:
- a copy of last year’s tax forms, Social Security Card & Picture ID [if patron has lost SS card, they may bring a copy of last year’s return instead]
- if children are claimed as exemptions, patron MUST have their SS card; no exceptions
- any forms showing income you earned or pensions or Social Security paid to you
- 1099 forms showing interest or dividends that your investments have earned
- receipts or cancelled checks for income or property taxes you have paid, or any contributions you have made to charities
- record of medical expenses
Tax Assistance Program is sponsored by AARP and the IRS.
Sign up at the Circulation Desk.