The following databases can be accessed from within the library or from a remote location (unless indicated). For Remote Access: If you are a registered patron of the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, you may use the following databases from home or office. To be authenticated as a library patron, you may be asked to enter the 14-digit number (no spaces) printed on the back of your library card. GO TO COMPLETE LIST
E-book resources for Kids! Subjects include Animals, Geography, Cooking, Art, Early Readers, and Science. Log in with username: smfpl and password: smfplpass
Learn about the states, Canadian provinces, and the world. Even has recipes!
- Simple search that quickly delivers relevant results including articles, essays, and primary source documents to help students feel successful in their research
- Easy-to-browse categories organized by popular topic to give students research ideas
- Topic overviews that provide students with a starting point for research
- 60,000 top videos from the Associated Press, the world’s leading news agency
- Colorful, mobile-friendly design with feature areas that provide context to students
- Reading level indicators (Lexile® Measures) to simplify discovery of grade-appropriate content
- Text-to-speech for HTML articles to assist struggling readers or those learning English
- English Curriculum Standards Module to help educators correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state- or province-specific curriculum standards
Grolier (use in Library)
Gold standard in comprehensive online reference for school, academic, and public libraries
For Middle School and Beyond, also good for Adults
The New Book of Knowledge
Fun, easy-to-use, general reference resource helps students gain access to a wide range of topics
For Elementary School and Beyond, also good for English Language Learners
Lands and Peoples
Up-to-date information on countries, cultures, and current events
For Middle School and Beyond
Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
Quick access to reference articles and media resources for a visually rich research experience
For Middle School and Beyond
Articles and photos on all sorts of homework topics!
Excellent online animated children's story books.
What Tree Is It?
This web site will lead you through qualities of leaves and fruits from the common trees of Ohio. You will work your way through these choices by selecting images that more closely resemble your sample. To be certain of your identification of an unknown tree, however, you must use as much of the tree as possible.
What's That Snake?
This program includes 30 species and subspecies of snakes that are found in Ohio. Of these 30 kinds of snakes only three are poisonous and dangerous to people and domestic animals.
World Book for Kids
With content from the award winning World Book Student Discovery Encyclopedia, the site offers simpler navigation, thousands of colorful illustrations, diagrams, and maps, and dozens of activities tied to national curriculum standards.