The Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library (SMFPL) wishes to support local authors and illustrators and recognize our local community's literary and creative efforts. The library invites local authors and illustrators to donate one copy of their recently published work for inclusion in the Local Author Collection. Local authors/illustrators’ works will be displayed at the library in our Local Authors section and be made available for checkout by library patrons. Once donated, the item becomes the property of SMFPL, to be used or disposed of as appropriate. Acceptance of an author/illustrator’s work does not guarantee the library will purchase additional copies, or purchase them directly through the author/illustrator.
The following guidelines are used to make the aforementioned works accessible to the community, while also maintaining the collection standards of our library:
- Must be professionally printed and bound. We cannot accept spiral-bound books.
- The author/Illustrator must be a current resident of Summit County, Ohio, or the book must take place in either Summit County, Northeast Ohio, or demonstrate strong local interest.
- Must meet the selection criteria in the Library’s Collection Development Policy.
The library cannot accept:
- Review copies.
- Unsolicited materials submitted by persons or publishers outside of Summit County, unless their works take place in either Summit County, Northeast Ohio, or otherwise demonstrate strong local interest.
- Materials with obvious or copyright violations.
- Materials in eBook or eAudio format.
Authors wishing to donate their works may drop off one copy of the book and the donation form (fillable PDF) at the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library or send a copy to:
Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
ATTN: Local Authors, Information Services
3512 Darrow Road
Stow, OH 44224