The Friends of the Library conducts book and puzzle sales throughout the year. You may access details on upcoming sales on the Library Events Calendar.
In addition to the semi-annual sales, the Friends of the Library offers a daily book sale during regular library hours in the first-floor lobby. There are carts with gently used books for children, teens, and adults. Books are priced from $1. Cash payments may be dropped into the designated collection box next to the book carts.
The Friends' Mission
The purpose of this organization shall be to maintain an association of persons interested in books, libraries and literacy; to focus public attention on library functions and services; to facilitate donations of books and other materials; and to encourage donations and bequests to the Friends of the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library endowment fund.
The Friends of the Stow-Munroe Falls Library is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
- President - Joan Brower
- Vice-President - Penny Lutz
- Treasurer - Judy Cohen-Baer
- Recording Secretary - Joanna Butler
- Past President - Barbara Nelson
- At Large Members - Joan Arborgast, Barb Beiling, Dave Hadley, Mary Lashomb, Hermine Meyer, Ian Oppenheim, Joanna Rocco, Ed Weisman
Activities and Events
- Four meetings are held per year, with the annual membership meeting in May
- Book Sales in spring and fall
- Puzzle Sales several times per year
- Donation Days in spring and fall
- Daily sorting and boxing of donated materials
Examples of Supported Programs and Projects
- Children's Programs - Winter and Summer Reading Programs, Bubble Lady, Bunny Hop, Norio Haunted House Building, Touch a Truck
- Teen Programs - Peeps Diorama Contest, Anime Club, High School and Middle School Book Clubs, Meet the Author programs
- Adult Programs - Cooking Series, Antiques Appraisal, Musical Concerts (Malyuk Sisters), Speakers (Terry Pluto), Book Discussion Groups, Summer Reading Program Grand Prizes
- Story Time Room Renovation
- Library Building Replica at Safety Town (in conjunction with the Library Foundation)
- Pop-Up Book Sales
To contact the Friends of the Library, you may email us at email@example.com